FitnessJournal  
welcome take a tour prices join testimonials FAQs discussions corporate wellness contact us
Discussions > Events > Marathons

Re: Training for my first 13.1
Shirley
BC

Total Posts: 11
6.0 Years Ago

Way to go...you'll love it. I've only run 2 half marathons and it's such a thrill. Hal Higdon has a really good training program that I've used for the half. Take a look at it too...might give you some ideas for training. It helped me a lot. Just Google Hal Higdon training and you should find it. I ran the last half that I did in 1hr 48 minutes using his program.

Good Luck and enjoy!

Re: Training for my first 13.1
Jim
CA

Total Posts: 640
5.8 Years Ago

Very nice Alan - Way to crush that 2 hour mark.

Tammie - Great to hear about your awesome 1/2 - Finishing at Lambeau field is really cool. Even if Brett Farve doesn't return.

Amy - Can't wait to hear about the Utah 1/2, hope the knees are well!

Mine (like Greg) is going to come this weekend as part of a 1/2 Ironman. I am just praying that the legs don't cramp and that they can keep moving (albeit slow) through the entire 13.1. Breaking 2 hours would be a small miracle and a shock. I would have to be feeling really good. Most likely I am planning a 2:20:00 at around 10 to 10:30 min miles.

I did average an 8:30 min mile after a long ride last weekend, but that was only for 2 miles. Not sure I can sustain that for 13.1 on rollers.

JC1.5

join fitness journal

corporate wellness

quicktime tour

contact us privacy statement terms of service sitemap recent press   © 2019 FitnessJournal, all rights reserved.
FitnessJournal and the FitnessJournal logo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned or licensed to FitnessJournal.
All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or service of, their respective owners.