FitnessJournal  
welcome take a tour prices join testimonials FAQs discussions corporate wellness contact us
Discussions > Sports > Cycling

Re: Yippee! I got a new bike!
Seema
PA

Total Posts: 320
6.1 Years Ago

sticking with the old bike this year. I still don't ride enough to justify new, but am hoping to triathlon this year, so planning for more mileage. Looking forward to it as the weather is warming up nicely this week

paul
ca

Total Posts: 41
6.1 Years Ago

Congrats on the new ride, it is a great bike!! Bought myself a new bike in August for racing and love it. Have fun!

c ya,

Paul

Jim
CA

Total Posts: 640
6.1 Years Ago

Fun topic -

After being very disappointed with the Felt replacement frame, I decided to build my own bike.

I built up a new Madone SSL, Dura Ace Shifters-derailers-chain-Bontrager carbon stem and cranks, Mavic Ksyerium ES wheels, and Easton carbon bars and seat post.

I was pretty proud of my build cost, from much work on E-Bay, Craigslist, and online shop sales. This bike showed a retail of over $8,000 new in 2006, I built it up for under $2,800. It is an awesome bike, but all this being said... It's not about the bike! I am still one of the slowest in my group.

:o(

JC1.5

join fitness journal

corporate wellness

quicktime tour

contact us privacy statement terms of service sitemap recent press   © 2019 FitnessJournal, all rights reserved.
FitnessJournal and the FitnessJournal logo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned or licensed to FitnessJournal.
All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or service of, their respective owners.