FitnessJournal  
welcome take a tour prices join testimonials FAQs discussions corporate wellness contact us
Discussions > Fitness Journal Help Desk > 2007 FJ Road Trip

Topic: FJ Road Trip Day 25 - Cycling across Oklahoma and Texas
Chris
NH

Total Posts: 852
6.8 Years Ago

What a fantastic day today was! All along I40 there is a frontage road (that is in sections part of the famous route 66) that goes on for miles and miles. No one ever travels on the road because I40 is just so close. The pavement is in amazing condition and its cycling was a must. Other than a bit of a head wind, it was absolutely perfect weather to go riding.

Francee and I took turns riding as we went from Oklahoma to northern Texas. My tire exploded on my tri bike just before hitting the Texas boarder and I had to switch to my road bike. Riding with the FJ mobile as support is incredible. We had dozens of cars and trucks honking and waving from I40 as they had a clear view of us riding. I can't wait to do supported group rides in the future. We need to work out a communications system between riders and SAG vehicle, however I'm sure we can find something that works.

At some point shortly after we stopped riding and kept driving, we ran into a swarm of honey bees. There must have been thousands of them. They hit our windshield so hard and heavy we thought it was raining. Good thing we were not out riding at the time, that would have been quite a shock.

Re: FJ Road Trip Day 25 - Cycling across Oklahoma and Texas
Chris
NH

6.8 Years Ago

What a great day!

[+] enlarge

Chris
NH

6.8 Years Ago

Bike across the border

[+] enlarge

Jim
CA

Total Posts: 640
6.8 Years Ago

Sooo Cool.

join fitness journal

corporate wellness

quicktime tour

contact us privacy statement terms of service sitemap recent press   © 2019 FitnessJournal, all rights reserved.
FitnessJournal and the FitnessJournal logo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned or licensed to FitnessJournal.
All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or service of, their respective owners.