FitnessJournal  
welcome take a tour prices join testimonials FAQs discussions corporate wellness contact us
Discussions > Fitness Journal Help Desk > 2007 FJ Road Trip

Topic: FJ Road Trip Day 26 - New Mexico
Chris
NH

Total Posts: 852
6.8 Years Ago

We are continuing west bound on I40, heading into hot weather in New Mexico. Its already 100+ and climbing and I don't expect it will be cooling down any time soon.

This morning we had to pull over to lock the sunroof which had come undone. We pulled over onto the side road and came to a stop by the railroad tracks. Just as we got out of the FJ Mobile, a train slowed down and stopped right along side of us. The engineer waved us over and came out to meet us. He gave us a full tour of the engine before heading on his way.

[+] enlarge

Re: FJ Road Trip Day 26 - New Mexico (and Arizona)
Chris
NH

6.8 Years Ago

Once we made it into Arizona we stopped at Petrified Forest National Park to do some riding. Both Francee and I took turns riding in some really incredibly terrain. I had to cut my own ride short due to thunderstorms and lightning strikes that were a little too close. We are calling it a night here in AZ and are headed to the grand canyon tomorrow! Check back for pics tomorrow.

Re: FJ Road Trip Day 26 - New Mexico
Jim
CA

Total Posts: 640
6.8 Years Ago

Dang - You guys are moving. Making great time!!! Did you stop in New Mexico at the Caverns? I go to NM every year, and have yet to visit them, but it's on my list of to-do's, it's just that they are so far south, and I am usually in Santa Fe.

When are you expected back? Are you going to be here for tomorrow's Weekly Saturday ride? :oD

JC2

Patrick
CA

Total Posts: 79
6.8 Years Ago

Watson Family

Sounds like you guys have had just a great time traveling cross the USA that is something you will be able to talk about with your kids forever. That so cool!!

Thanks for giving the FJ readers & the Wine Country Velo Group updates on your trip it almost made it feel like we were with you guys.

Hope to see you guys when you get home.

Mr.27

Jim
CA

Total Posts: 640
6.8 Years Ago

Hope you get a fleet of FJ mobile's so you can take us all with you next time!

:oD

JC2

Chris
NH

6.8 Years Ago

Here are some additional pictures from where we were riding. This is within the petrified forest.

[+] enlarge

Chris
NH

6.8 Years Ago

Its nice to be out on the bike!

[+] enlarge

Chris
NH

6.8 Years Ago

The rain and thunder showers were all around us. My own ride was cut short due to lightning strikes.

[+] enlarge

Chris
NH

6.8 Years Ago

The SAG team keeps an eye out for trouble

[+] enlarge

join fitness journal

corporate wellness

quicktime tour

contact us privacy statement terms of service sitemap recent press   © 2019 FitnessJournal, all rights reserved.
FitnessJournal and the FitnessJournal logo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned or licensed to FitnessJournal.
All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or service of, their respective owners.