FitnessJournal  
welcome take a tour prices join testimonials FAQs discussions corporate wellness contact us
Discussions > Fitness Journal Help Desk > Charts and Graphs

Topic: New 2006 Standings report available!
Chris
NH

Total Posts: 852
7.6 Years Ago

I've compiled a new standings report that will re-calculate daily. This report displays standings for the top 250 positions on fitness journal for number of workouts, hours, distance, calories, and steps. For anyone feeling competitive, you can see where you stand compared to some of your fitness journal peers! You will find this report in the charts section. Enjoy, and let the trash talking begin ;-)

Re: New 2006 Standings report available!
Vickie
TX

Total Posts: 129
7.6 Years Ago

Man, I hate seeing how much of a bum I am! IE -I'm not there yet, but watch out!

Robin
MD

Total Posts: 100
7.6 Years Ago

Hi Chris! I love it! I'm on the list. Now to move up! Thank you for all you do! Robin

Chris
NH

7.6 Years Ago

Update: Standings report now also includes a list of your personal standing for all five areas of tracking. This means that even if you are not on the list of 250, you know what your ranking is. It was brought up that it was hard to find standings if you are not listed. Note that this standings report is now updated DAILY at 1:00 AM (PST).

Beverly
MO

Total Posts: 1509
7.5 Years Ago

Questions, is it overall or month by month, year by year? What is the primary ranking factor (so, for example, if one doesn't track steps are they 'penalized')? Cool beans tho, Chris. It would be cool if there was a month by month calculator or quarter by quarter or year by year.... Never are we satisfied, eh? Thanks for all you do! Beverly

Chris
NH

7.5 Years Ago

Additional information on the standings report. Every day just after midnight the site compiles a list of the top 250 athletes for each of the five categories of:

- number of workouts

- workout hours

- distance

- calories burned

- steps

every list is different. You can view your current standings in the top box, and can then view the 5 standings reports by clicking on the links. This report runs from the first of january, to the 31st of December for the current year. It includes any workouts you have logged during this time. This report will remember the 2006 data when we switch over to 2007, when we will start fresh. I wanted to launch this report before 2007, since that will begin a brand new fresh report.

There are several other reports that will evolve out of this. First, I will have it compile a distance report that breaks distances down by sport categories such as walking, running, cycling or swimming. Creating a monthly or even weekly standings report is trivial at this point, but I will let everyone get comfortable with how this report works first.

I'm also considering a personal report that displays your current standing including the 15 people above and below your own results. Link that in with sharing and it opens up a great way to communicate with other FJ members who may be doing similar things.

I am glad you are all enjoying the report. I'd say it certainly is motivating!

Seema
PA

Total Posts: 320
7.5 Years Ago

Totally cool. I would have never thought I'd be on the list. This is a total motivator!

join fitness journal

corporate wellness

quicktime tour

contact us privacy statement terms of service sitemap recent press   © 2019 FitnessJournal, all rights reserved.
FitnessJournal and the FitnessJournal logo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned or licensed to FitnessJournal.
All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or service of, their respective owners.