FitnessJournal  
welcome take a tour prices join testimonials FAQs discussions corporate wellness contact us
Discussions > > 12 Week Challenge!

Re: WEEK NINE of the New 12 Week Challenge - May 19 - May 25
Steve
TN

Total Posts: 80
6.0 Years Ago

Tammie:

Thanks for filling in. I had a good week. 23 miles and 4hr. 25 min. of running time. Still need to get stricter on diet. So far , so good for this week. 2 days down, 5 to go. Weather has been good, am transitioning to the outdoors for 3 days a week runs.

Hope everyone has a good week! We are in the stretch drive - NO GIVING UP!!!

Steve

Scott
MI

Total Posts: 657
6.0 Years Ago

Thanks Tammie, hopefully Sherron returns soon. Good week last week. Got 3 runs in. One was a 10k but I'm still counting it as a workout. Have another 10k this Saturday than I get a 2-3 week break from racing and am hoping to train for the races that start up again mid June. Doing well with drinking water and keeping hydrated but my eating could probably improve some more. But then, who couldn't improve that eh?

My goals this week:

1. Figure out if its operator error with my garmin 405 or if it really is not working correctly.

2. Keep running a minimum of 3x this week

3. Just have fun at this weekends race

Enjoy whats left of the week everyone!

Scott

Bob
TX

Total Posts: 805
6.0 Years Ago

Tammie,

Congratulations on your half! When are you going for a full marathon? Hey and remember the longer you stay on the course the more you get from your entry fee. :-}

Beverly
MO

Total Posts: 1509
6.0 Years Ago

Ok, ok...I feel like I've been gone forever and missed sooooo much. Hugest hugs to those of you experiencing emotional pain. May healing happen for your hearts. The heart is a muscle and when it goes through this type of pain it becomes stronger and expands to allow even more love in.

I've taken some time off but am doing all right. I should've let you know. Now, where are the rest of you challengers. Thanks for checking on me Patricia!

Tammie, am so thrilled for your half! Yay!

Scott
MI

Total Posts: 657
6.0 Years Ago

YAY! Friday at last! Ran a total of 6 miles yesterday. My first mile I ran as hard/fast as I could and timed in at 6:31. A new best sorta. (I ran low 5s in high school but haven't touched 5s by a long shot) Anyways, taking today off running so that my legs are well rested for a 10k tomorrow morning. I will probably be working in the garden though. So not all is lost :) Starting to get the itch to run a 5k again so I'm probably gonna run one on the 31st and then take about 3 weeks off from racing. In the mean time continue running and add a little bit-o-spice to my runs :D Have a grrrreeaaaat holiday w/e everyone!!

Scott

Beverly
MO

Total Posts: 1509
6.0 Years Ago

Way to go Scott and ditto Patricia.

Ingrid
SK

Total Posts: 101
6.0 Years Ago

Hi All!

Well I ran my second 5k today and yet again survived. I finished with a personal best (OK not so tough since its only my second one, but hey, you gotta take it where you can!) of 33:56. This does get to be addicting! I start my 5K running class at the Running Room on Saturday and my next 5K will be in 3 weeks.

Now I have to start getting some weight training into the mix.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.

Ingrid

Ingrid
SK

Total Posts: 101
6.0 Years Ago

Hi Jane

It's no interruption! That's what this group is all about. You can jump in anytime.

In answer to your question, a new challenge will start once this one ends, but you are welcome anytime. New blood invigorates the group.

The numbers you see are work out time, miles, and calories burned as tracked by

the fitness journal (you have to turn on your sharing button in the settings).

As to the goals, these are individual. I am new to running and have just started to run 5K races, and there are more elite atheletes who train for marathons and tri's. It's not about competing against each other, but rather about supporting each other.

So go ahead and jump on in!

Ingrid

join fitness journal

corporate wellness

quicktime tour

contact us privacy statement terms of service sitemap recent press   © 2019 FitnessJournal, all rights reserved.
FitnessJournal and the FitnessJournal logo are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned or licensed to FitnessJournal.
All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or service of, their respective owners.